Friday, September 21, 2012

Being Rebellious



One of the most famous quote by the late icon Steve Jobs was, "It is more fun to be a pirate than join the navy".

Everybody wants to be a rebel. This is the norm in society. I accept this fact because I was once a rebel myself. When I was a kid, given the chance I would never listen to anything my parents say and I always wanted to be a Jedi so that I can join the rebel alliance.

I can also understand adults staying rebellious over things that are trivial such as pushing the 7-eleven door when there is a "pull" sticker the size of an elephant on the glass. But this form of rebellion does not make headlines.

What I fail to appreciate is the fact that someone can rebel over everything, his/her entire life. One might say that it is a matter of principle but hey, things around you change and when they change naturally you should too. Not in a drastic way but in a subtle, uncompromising, politically correct manner.

People grow up. Don't you?

Maybe they are just scared of something which reminds me of Master Yoda's word of advice, "Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering".

No comments:

Post a Comment